WHAT SONY WILL EXCEPT AS A FAULTY XZ?

Sony Xperia Phones Overheating issues, how to spot it and how to repai them?
admin
Site Admin

WHAT SONY WILL EXCEPT AS A FAULTY XZ?

Post by admin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:25 am

What Sony Will Except as a Fualty XZ?

This has just been posted on Virgim Media Forums in response to my complaints to a faulty XZ!
  • Thank you for taking the time to get back to us.

I have heard back from the management team and they have advised there is a few things we would need to check with you.

When you're using the camera, what sort of circumstances are you using it under? There are some things to consider:

Weather – is it being used in direct sunlight? It’s normal to warm up during use anyway, but in direct sunlight it’s likely to get hotter.
    Is it being used from “cold” or when the phone has already been in use? If the phone was being used for an intensive purpose (i.e. a game), it might already be warm so the camera use may be increasing the heat.
    What’s it being used to do when it’s getting hot? Is it being used to record 4K video, for example? Or does it get boiling hot after taking photos for 30 seconds?
    Is it shutting down when the camera is overheating? Near all smartphones have a built in security feature to shut down the phone when heat exceeds a safe level – so if it’s not shutting down, it’s likely not a problem.
    Also, has the overheating caused any damage to the camera itself/casing etc? Sony won’t entertain that a handset is overheating until it’s either too hot to touch for longer than a few seconds, or if it damages itself/surrounding component.